I was bored to cook the same meals today . I had to pack Lunch for my daughter. Mixed Rice, Pulao seem to be repeated ones. I had a bottle of Tomato sauce , which i made yesterday for Pizza . Usually i want to quickly dispose things in the fridge for health reasons. So the Tomato pizza sauce had to call it a day and i cooked Penne pasta in Tomato sauce. In my house we say macaroni for all types of pasta, but a rose is a rose and so whatever name we call the food is delicious and makes a complete meal for lunch.
Method: (For sauce )
Blanch tomatoes and skin it, cut into 4 pieces. Add oil in a pan, Fry the bell pepper, onion, garlic and tomatoes. Add pepper, salt and omam. Grind it to a smooth paste. This i had used for topping pizza also.
Method(For Penne Pasta)
Add water, almost 4 cups in cooker . Add little oil and salt. When the water boils add the pasta and cover it . Cook for 15 minutes. If using the weight just cook for 1 whistle .After the steam settles. Drain the water from the Penne , put this in a strainer and show it under running water . The extra starch will drain off.
Add oil in a heavy bottom vessel. i prefer cooker. Add olive oil and fry the thinly cut onions. Then add the vegetables . Add the sauce. Salt . Finally add the Penne and mix well. Taste for salt and cover this . Cook in medium flame . After 10 minutes open the lid and check the vegetables . It will be fine if the vegetables are cooked 3/4th . Mix well and if there is residue of water , cook for few more minutes without lid. Add the cut pineapple pieces and cheese. Then it is time for packing .
1. We can use any variety of vegetables . Corn, Bell pepper, Sprouts, Broccoli, Celery and many choices are there .
2. For the Indian Tinge add Paneer (Indian cottage cheese)
3. You can omit the tomato sauce and just add cut tomatoes and cook.
4. For the flavour you can add Red chilli powder, tandoor masala, Garam masala.
5. The pasta if cooked for a long time gives a nasty bite , so the cooking part of pasta is important to get that crunchy bite.