The sourness of lemon in rasam is a real blaster and when made with right ingredients and procedure it will be heavenly . This recipe is my mother in law’s and my father’s favourite one too.
To powder :
Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
Jeera seeds -1 tsp
- Cook tuvar dal. Pour a cup of water on this and mix well. Let it settle. Then strain the dal water , which is needed for this rasam . The dal can be used for making sambar or taken with plain rice.
- Cut tomato, slit green chilli.
- Dry roast Coriander seeds and cumin seeds and powder them.
- In a kadai heat 1 tsp oil. Add the green chilli and fry them well.
- Then add tomato and saute well.
- Add the dal water, Turmeric powder , salt , curry leaves , Coriander leaves and boil in slow flame.
7.When the rasam boils add the powder. After few minutes switch off the flame .
8.After the rasam cools or during serving time squeeze the lemons on the rasam and mix well. You guests will ask you to fetch a cup to drink this rasam.