Many years ago a tamil weekly interviewed VIPs and asked about the special food in their houses. Dr. Kamala Selvaraj mentioned Coriander Pulao and Pakoda Kurma as her family’s favourite recipe. While i learnt the Pulav recipe well and do it even now, i somehow forgot the Pakoda kurma. Any way Pulao can be eaten with Paneer or with a simple raitha too , so Coriander pulao can be relished and if any Thanks, it goes to Dr. Kamala Selvaraj.
Basmati Rice -1 cup
Fresh coriander leaves – 1 cup(Tightly packed)
Garlic – 4 flakes
Ginger -1 inch
Cinnamon -1 inch
Bay leaf -1
- Wash and soak the Basmati rice in water for about half an hour.
- Meanwhile grind garlic, Green chilly, ginger with less water .
- Grind coriander leaves too separately.
- After the soaking time heat oil in a pressure cooker .
- Add the spices and sauté onion well.
6. Add the ginger, garlic, green chilli paste and sauté well.
7. Add water ,i.e. 1 and a half cup in the cooker .
8. Add the coriander paste and salt and mix well.
9. Finally add the rice and mix gently. Cook for two whistles only .
10. When cooked stir gently and transfer to a wide bowl.
11. The aromatic Coriander Pulao which is also a feast to eyes is ready and don’t forget that this a Doctor’s recipe , so we can indulge freely .