The food of the West cooked with Indian style . My mother’s special food in our childhood days . Now we do this rarely and this was done particularly for this blog.
Bread -1 loaf
Red chilli -2
Mustard seeds -1 tsp
Urad dal – 1tsp
Curry leaves – few
Turmeric powder -1 tsp
1. Cut Bread slices into small pieces.
2. Grind together onion and red chilly to a fine paste .
3. Add salt and turmeric powder to this and mix well.
4. In a big kadai add oil and temper with mustard seeds and Urad dal.
5. When they splutter add the bread and fry well or mix till oil is coated well on the bread .
Then add the paste and mix well.
6. Cook in low flame stirring often. Add curry leaves and sprinkle oil if needed .
7. A crispy Bread Uppuma is ready now.
8. Olive oil gives a good aroma to this. On a rainy day with a cup of Tea, Bread Upuma will take us to the height of bliss.Variation:Green chillies can be used instead . Some vegetables too can be introduced in this.