Flu, cold or Body ache anything can be relieved by this Garlic rasam. And the simple way of cooking this makes us get up from sick bed and cook in a jiffy . Usually rasam shoud be boiled well. But this rasam should not reach the boiling stage and the rasam powder is added after switching off the flame . And after frying garlic and Tomato , ladle should not be put in the rasam . This rasam was introduced by my friend . When she makes this the whole house seem to fill with the aroma of this rasam. So you can also definitely give a try.
Tamarind: A small pebble size
Rasam powder – 2 tsp
Curry leaves – few
Coriander leaves- few
Garlic (with skin) – 3
Mustard , jeera – 1 tsp (each)
- Soak Tamarind in water and extract the juice.
- Cut tomato.
- Pound the garlic with skin.
- Add oil in a heavy bottom vessel.
- Add mustard seeds, cumin.
- Then add Garlic and sauté well.
- Add curry leaves, Coriander leaves, Tomato and again sauté well.
- When bubbles come around the edges of the rasam switch off the flame .
Add rasam powder and mix well.The tomato would have been cooked well even in the slow flame . This shows Rasam has boiled enough .This rasam can be stored for two days and used .