Long Gourd (cut) (Snake Gourd) – 1 cup
Moong Dal -1 /2 cup
Coriander leaves – a bunch
Green chilli -2
Mustard seeds -1 tsp
Urad Dal -1 tsp
Salt and oil.
- Grind Coriander leaves and green chilli with little water to a nice paste.
- Cook the long gourd and moong dal with little oil.
- When they are half cooked switch off the flame.
- In a kadai add oil and temper with mustard seeds and Urad dal.
- Add the long gourd and moong dal.
- Mix the coriander chilli paste, salt with this well and cook in slow flame.
- The paste will get well blended with the vegetable and finally when the vegetables are still crunchy remove from stove .
- This dish goes well with rice and any gravy.