The no description Pulao. I remember tasting this the first time in my Husband’s Bengali Friend’s house. The simple Plain taste goes well with any gravy and it a pleasure to serve for Dinner. Easy to cook and with the health benefit of Jeera (Cumin) we can relish on it often .
Ghee – 2 tbls
Cumin seeds – 1 tbls
Cardamom, Clove, Cinnamon – 2 pieces
Cashew- ¼ cup
Onion Paste -1/4 cup
Ginger garlic paste -1 tsp
Aji no moto – ½ tsp
- Wash and soak Basmati rice in water for half an hour.
- Cut big onion and grind it well.
- Similarly make Ginger garlic paste.
- Ina pressure cooker heat ghee add cashew and fry well.
- When it turns pink take it out and keep aside.
- Now add cumin seeds, spices to the hot ghee , sauté for ½ minute .
Cook till rice is done or for 2 whistles .Sprinkle with cashew and serve with any spicy gravy.