Today is a rainy day, i had to prepare lunch only for myself and kids. Usually i will make some single dish which will give all nutrients. And coincidentally i had only Cauliflower in my fridge. Surfing my mind i remembered a recipe of Mallika Badrinath and quickly scanned it . It seems to be simple, so making my son finish his home work i entered into this new recipe. I used what i had in hand , but i am posting the exact recipe. Omitting a few will not make much difference.
Basmati Rice -1 cup
Green chilli-3 to 6
Fresh thick curd -1/4 cup
Turmeric Powder -1 tsp
Amti masala – 1 tsp
Cumin – Coriander powder – ½ tsp
Mustard seeds -1 tsp
Curry leaves – few
Grated Coconut – 2 tbls
Hing – 1 tsp
For the Amti masala
Coriander seeds– 1 cup
Red Chilli – ½ cup
White sesame seeds – 2tbls
Cumin seeds – 1 ½ tbl
Black pepper -1 ½ tbl
Cinnamon -1 0 sticks
Cloves -2 tsp
Bayleaf – 6 or 7
Dagad phool – 3 tsp
Shah Jeera -2 tsp
Hing – 1 tsp
Whole turmeric -1 /4 cup
Rock salt – 1 tbls
Dry roast sesame seeds . Then fry coriander seeds, cumin. Add oil fry red chilli. Then add hing and all spices one by one using little oil. Dry roast rocksalt for a minute . When everything cools powder and store in an air tight container.
For the Cauliflower Briyani :
- Soak Rice for 15 minutes and cut all required ones.
- Add oil in a heavy bottom vessel.
- Add mustard seeds, green chilli, cashew.
- Add cut onions, cauliflower and fry well.
- Add rice and sauté for few minutes.
- Add two cups of boiling water with salt.
- Add turmeric powder , beaten curd, Coriander cumin powder and masala powder .
- Cover an d cook for 20 minutes .
- Before removing from fire add ghee and grated coconut,cut coriander leaves. Serve along with cut lemon pieces.