Well the ones left out from the bracket will imply what i made yesterday ,yes it is cake ice cream. i remember eating this many years ago in my small home town where this was sold in an exhibition and my father wanted to buy this for us and so after the Television film on Sunday evenings he will fetch us one by one every week in his moped to give us the pleasure of eating this. Unforgettable taste but more than that unconditional love from my father who always wanted to give us the best of what all he could. Cannot match it now.Recently i wanted to make this at home and as usual internet offers a lot of recipes . Just got an idea and thought of baking the cake and making the ice cream at home itself. A lot of creativity is only needed. An excellent dessert which by practice will give us various ideas to follow. We can even buy store bought cake like Britannia merry cake too and ice cream and arrange in a dish with alternate layers of cake, ice cream and nuts or crushed biscuits . Patience and enthusiasm makes a perfect cake ice cream . Here is mine.
For the Orange cake:
i had some oranges left in the fridge for a long time and i always like oranges so i thought of using it here .
APF – 1 and a 1/2 cup
Baking Powder -1 /2 tsp
Salt -1 /2 tsp
Orange juice – 1/2 to 1 cup
Oil -1 cup
Sugar -1 cup
Orange colour – 1/2 tsp
Orange peel -1 tsp
cream -1 /4 cup
1.Preheat the oven at 200 degrees. Mix the dry items like APF, baking powder and salt together.
2. Beat the eggs well and then mix the wet ingredients like orange juice, eggs, oil , cream well and to this add sugar and dissolve well. Later add orange colour too.
3. Mix the wet and dry items slowly add the orange peel too. Blend well.
4. Grease a cake tin and pour this batter in it. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
5. Check in the middle with a tooth pick and if it comes out clean then the cake is ready . You can set it aside .
Now for the ice cream.
i thought of making orange ice cream but suddenly got a doubt of how to make it as i was using my own creative thoughts . So better switch it to chocolate flavour as i know the recipe well.
Milk -2 cups
Sugar -1 cup
Gelatin – 1/2 tsp
Cornflour – 1 tsp
Cocoa powder/ choc chips -2 tbls
1. Soak gelatin in luke warm water .Mix cornflour in 2 tbls warm milk and set aside.
2. Boil milk till it reduces to hold. Finally add sugar and cocoa powder or choco chips to it and mix well.
3. Then switch off the flame and add gelatin and cornflour and mix well. When cool set it in the freezer by pouring it in a flat tray and covering it.
Now for the arrangement .
You can either freeze the ice cream and then place it on the cake.
i layered a loaf tin with little ice cream and set for 1 hour .i froze the remaining ice cream .Then cut the cake and arranged it on top of the ice cream then again poured a layer of ice cream and again the cake . Covered it and kept in the freezer over night .
The taste is superb and we get two in one go i.e chocolate and orangiines together. Hope you will also try and share with me your creations too.
The cake inside became slightly hard . i think i should have removed it earlier from the freezer . Now i have cut a portion and kept in the fridge so that the ice cream w ill not melt at the same time the cake will lose its stiffness.