Restaurant Style. That is how this yummy gravy tastes and looks like.Only modification I did this to the recipe I adapted from Sharmis passion is adding vegetables like carrots and peas to increase the quantity and as I did not have Chole masala I added garam masala to this. Perfect dish and combines goodness of all vegetables so it makes the rotis an adorable dish.
| Peas and Vegetables Kurma.
Recipe Category:North Indian Side Dish. Recipe Source: Sharmis passion.
Cooking Time : 20 Minutes.
Preparation Time :20 minutes.
| Peas , Carrot, Beans (cut)
Channa Masala OR Garam masala
Red Chilli Powder
To saute and grind
¼ inch piece
½ inch piece
1.Pressure cook vegetables in little water for two whistles. When switching off release the steam to retain the color.
2. Saute and grind the ingredients in little oil, given in’ To sauté and grind’ to a fine paste.
3.Soak Almonds in hot water for ten minutes and grind it to a fine paste with curd and set aside.
4. In a pan add butter and temper the required ingredients . Then add onion and sauté well. When done add the grind paste and again sauté w ell for 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Add Red chilli powder, Channa masala powder and salt. Saute for few more minutes. Add water , half a cup will be good. But if needed add little more. Then add the Almond paste and sauté for few seconds.
6. Crush Kasoori Methi in your palms and add to the gravy. If desired add sugar. Give a quick mix. Cover and cook in medium flame for few minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with Hot rotis.
- Can add Cashew instead of Almonds.
- Can omit butter and sugar for health reasons yet get good taste.
- Can add Paneer and cauliflower too.