Orange Sorbet the idea came to me after i read posts on ilaneer sorbet and lemon sorbet. Sorbet is frozen dessert with a flavoring and sugar . Since kids were demanding for ice cream during this month long holidays i had to make something for them and found this one to be easy . Except for sugar there is no other calorie raiser here so we too can take the occasional dip.
Orange Juice – 1and a 1/2 cup
Sugar -1 and a 1/2 cup
Water – 1 and a 1/2 a half cup
Orange Zest – 1 tbls
1. Squeeze orange juice and measure it .
2. Dissolve sugar in water and boil for few minutes.
3. When cool add the orange juice and mix well.
4. Freeze this. Every two hours or when time permits just whisk the ingredients for a few seconds in a blender to break the ice crystals.
5. Repeat this for 4 to 5 minutes , this will ensure smooth consistency.
6. After the final blend add the orange zest so that you will get a bite of the orange zest.