Egg plant chilli sauce is a unique recipe i learnt from a magazine many years ago. At that time the magazine was publishing recipes from chefs and Chinese cuisine was introduced by a chef. i jotted down the recipe and tried them. As those were the early times of cooking i used to take all efforts to cook something differently. But now after becoming a cook all the year round i somehow forgot the recipe . My mom mentioned this dish to me as my sis in law had asked for the recipe . i thought of making this but never remembered .Finally after deciding to make Paneer fried rice last week after seeing Sharmis passion i wanted to make something Chinese and settled for this .The lunch was yummy as kids finished it promptly .
Eggplant : 1 (long variety)
Maida /Plain Flour- 1 cup
Corn Flour -1 /2 cup
Big Onion -1 (CUT INTO SMALL PIECES)
Garlic -3 TSP(cut )
Ginger -3 TSP(cut)
Black Pepper -1 tsp(powdered)
Chilli paste -3/4 tsp
Soya Sauce -1 tsp
Spring onion – 1 small bunch
1. Soak Red chili in hot water . Remove the seeds and grind it with little vinegar . As i did not have vinegar in hand i used Red chilli powder which did not change taste.
2. Mix corn flour and maida to a thick consistency . Add little salt and mix well.
3. Cut brinjal into round slices . Dip the Brinjal slices in this batter and deep fry in oil .
4. Cut onion, garlic and ginger into fine bits . In a pan add oil and fry the above .
5. Add pepper powder, Soya sauce , salt and chilli paste .
6. Add water may be half a cup to make it like a gravy. Let it cook in low flame. If the batter is left out add this to the gravy . Or else we can add corn starch to this.
7. When bubble comes out add the fried brinjals and give a gentle toss and remove from fire.Garnish with cut spring onion.