Chilli noodles was the selection of my daughter when we opted to eat out. After tasting it she was furious as she found it too mild . But i liked the preparation and also found how it could be done. So yesterday morning i reserved a half of capsicum after making a paneer gravy for the dinner menu. While boiling the spaghetti i cut the vegetables and with tossing and turning the dish was ready with a comment from my husband .This is noodles ,and frowned at the dish made in the restaurant. Sometimes bad experiences teach us new things in life.
Spaghetti -a whole bunch
Carrots -1 (julienne)
Cabbage -1 cup ( shredded finely)
Capsicum – 1/2 (Sliced thinly)
Onion -2 ( sliced thinly)
Garlic -2 flakes (Sliced thinly)
Red Chilli -3
Green Chilli -2 (slit)
Black Pepper powder -1 tsp
1. Boil water in a big vessel and when hot add the spaghetti and cook til 3/4 th. When cooked drain the water and wash well . Keep it aside.
2. Cut all vegetables.
3. In a big wok add oil, generously. When add crush the red chilli and add to the oil. Then smear Black pepper powder. Fry onion and green chilli well in the wok.
4. Add the julienne carrots, cabbage and saute well. Then add the Capsicum and again fry well.
5. Add salt before adding the spaghetti and mix well with the vegetables .
6. Toss the noodles in the vegetables and then close with a lid. We can switch off the flame.
7. Allow it to sit for 5 minutes and then serve piping hot with any sauce or as such.