Time to bake cakes as it was my shopping visit to Tott. A different experience and with me alone shopping i could feel free to browse and take time to do my shopping. Here are my collections and i am waiting for my next visit.
Now for the recipe which i got from http://www.myrecipes.com. i thought of using beets instead of red colour, so the result was like this. Anyhow the cupcake taste is excellent and i did some minor variations.
Whole meal Bread flour – 2 1/2 cup
Baking Powder – 1 Tsp
Baking soda – 1 Tsp
Brown Sugar- 1 cup
Eggs – 2
Butter milk – 1 1/4 cup
Butter -6 tbls
Rose essence- 1/2 tsp
Salt -1 /2 tsp
Unsweetened cocoa -3 tbs
Beet root -1 /2
1. Peel and cut Beet root and boil in water. When cool grind it to a smooth paste. We can use the water too.
2. Sift flour, baking powder. Baking soda, slat , cocoa together.
3. Whisk the butter and sugar in medium speed using an electronic whisker. Then add eggs one by one.
4. To this add flour and butter milk alternately and finally add the beetroot mash and rose essence.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line the cupcakes and pour the batter in it and bake till done.
6. One tip i learnt from Tott, use an uncooked spaghetti to check whether the cake is done.
7. Mine took 15 minutes. i had bought instant icing pen and just made a swirl on the cake .
Highly nourishing and healthy one as i had used stone ground Wholemeal bread flour and beet roots.