Coconut rice and myself . Long back i made this and sent for lunch to my Husband. His colleague commented that we do not eat coconut and so you too reduce the intake. From then i am sparingly using coconut as we move with Tamils form various districts . Most of them around Chennai and in their cooking coconut is sparingly used . So i followed that as it is good to know healthy information . So this coconut rice must have been made by me only a couple of times. Our weekly consumption of coconut is one only . For us Coconut chutney and Dosai is a treat . Now for the recipe
Grated Coconut -1 cup
Cooked Rice -1 cup
Green chilli -2
Red Chilli -2
Omam/ Ajwain -1 /2 tsp
Mustard seeds -1 tsp
Channa Dal -1 tsp
Hing -1 /2 tsp
Coconut oil -1 tsp
Curry leaves -1 sprig.
1. Cook rice , i used Basmati rice so that it will be a pleasure to our eyes too .
2. In a pan add oil and add Mustard seeds, Ajwain , Channa dal, Green chilli, red chilli and hing . After the dals get brown add the coconut and give a good roast . Add curry leaves and turn over .
3. Spread the rice in a plate and when cool add the tempered ingredients and salt. Reduce the quantity of salt than usual as coconut is too sensitive to salt. If needed later add slat .
4. Give a good mix with ladle as our hands may spoil the rice .
5. Serve it with any spicy curry .