Solap Paniyaaram is a new trial by me and millets and related food has become passion for many and i happened to get this packet of Corn in my neighborhood grocery shop. So made this for Dinner. Very light, fluffy and easy to make .
1. White Cholam -1 1/2 cups
2. Idli Rice – 2 1/2 cups
3. Fenu greek seeds – 2 tsp
4.Whole Urad Dhal – 1/2 cup
1.Soak rice and solam together for 8 hours.
2. Soak the Urad dhal and fenugreek together and again soak this for 3 to 4 hours.
3. Grind the rice and Solam together and Urad Dhal and fenugreek seeds separately and mix together.
4. Add salt and allow it to ferment for 6 hours .
4. After fermentation season it with 1/4 tsp mustard seeds, Small onion , Curry leaves and green chilli .
5. In a kuzhi paniyaaram kal season it with oil and when hot add a tsp of batter in the holes. Drizzle oil and flip on the other side .
6. Serve Hot with any Chutney .
The first round of Paniyaarams will be very soft but after that when the stone gets heated more we get crispy paniyaarams .