Mint potato chips is an unique delicacy from a shop in my hometown . Bitter gourd chips , Appam are the other specialties. So we make it a point to visit this shop before starting form India every year after holidays to Singapore and live for at least a couple of days with the native touch. Bombay sweet stall is another holy abode for us . So this year Deepavali brings this blog and my family a new variety mint kaarasev and i tried in small quantities and am planning to do it later in big quantities . The taste is excellent and easy to make, quick to cook. Only tip is cook in medium flame other wise the color changes (like mine.)
Now for the recipe.
1. Gram Flour/ Besan Flour -1 cup
2.Rice Flour -1 /2 cup
3.Mint leaves -1 cup
4.Green chilli -3
5. Ginger -1 /2 inch
6. Baking Powder -1 /4 tsp
We need the Kaarasev karandi for this. Other wise we can use our Murukku mould too.Use the three eyed one.
1. Mix Gram flour, Rice flour, Baking powder and salt together.
2.Wash mint leaves. Grind it with green chilli and ginger with little water .
3. Add this to the flour mixture and mix well.
4. If needed sprinkle water and mix well to make a soft dough.
5. Heat oil and take a Small lump of the dough.
6. Place the dough on the karandi(ladle ) and rub with your hands well .
7. Place it at a distance from the oil wok , so that we will get long strands of kaarasev.
8. Cook in medium flame and turn over again and again.
9. Drain it in tissue paper and finish the rest in small batches.
10. Store in air tight containers when cool.