Beetroot is added in vegetable briyani but beetroot alone is an unique try and recently read in few blogs . Yesterday was a tiring day and i decided to make a simple lunch.As there were no vegetables i decided to make this and Onion raitha with microwaved appalam. Here is the recipe.
Mint leaves- 1 handful
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
Big onion -2
Green chilli -2
Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala /Briyani Masala powder – 1 Tsp
Briyani rice – 1 n 1/2 CUP
Coconut milk – 2 tsp (If very thick) or else 1/2 cup
1. Wash and soak Briyani rice in water for half an hour.
2. Cut Beetroot into small pieces .
3. Cut onion into thin slices.
4. Grind Ginger ,garlic and green chilli into a fine paste .
5. In a pan add oil and saute onion well. Then add ginger garlic green chilli paste . Saute well.Add the mint leaves and fry well.
6. Then add Red chilli powder and salt.
7. After frying this well add the beetroot and fry well.
8. Add the drained rice , enough water and coconut milk . Adjust the water quantity with coconut milk .
9. Mix well. Cover and cook for 2 whistles .
10. Switch off the flame after two whistles . Serve with raitha.