The immediate attention i give to the sweets in the assorted sweet box we buy is the milk sweet. Sandesh, Rasagulla, Peda, Paal Khoa are my favorites and i love the saffron flavour . This Deepavali i decided to make Milk peda , Maida milk powder burfi , Chocolate Maida Burfi and the list goes on as the number of people to share increases. So far good ,Hope all other delicacies too come out well. i made this and Chocolate burfi just for my children as i thought it will suit their taste buds. Now for the recipe. Thanks to Jeyashri’s Blog for this recipe which is simple and tasty
1.Condensed Milk -1 tin
2.Milk Powder – 2 cups
3.Ghee -2 n 1/2 tsp Saffron – a few strands
4.Milk -2 tsp.
1. Soak the saffron in warm milk for half an hour.
2 In a heavy bottom vessel add the condensed milk and milk powder and mix well.
3. Heat this in medium flame. A few minutes later add the saffron milk to this and again mix well.
4. Add the Ghee in the sides.
5.Soon the mixture will leave the sides and gather together. That is the right stage to switch off the flame.
6. Let it cool in another plate or vessel.
7. Grease a plate and spread the mixture with a rolling pin.
8. Either with a cookie cutter or just with your hand shape them into small pedas.
8. i had silver balls , so i used it to decorate them .
8. Can store in fridge after completely cool.
9. Milk sweets need to be consumed as soon as possible so i think this will stay good for a week only .