Suddenly i got an interest in saris after Deepavali and was browsing the web on saris. I got a glimpse of Handloom saris and Chettinadu too caught my attraction. Anything Chettinaadu is my attraction so i decided to atleast please my senses by making a Chettinaadu dish if not a sari. may be when time comes i will buy fro sure. This recipe is adapted from my friend’s blog . Actually i have made a kaara kuzhambu in Chettinaadu style. But here’s is different . Here is the method.
1.Tamarind -1 lemon size
2. Small onions -5
3. Drumstick or Brinjal – 1/2 cup
4. Ripe Tomatoes – 2 big
5. Sesame oil -2 tbsp
6. Musatrd seeds – 1 /2 tsp
7. Methi seeds -1 /2 tsp
8. Hing – 1/2 tsp
9. Curry leaves – 1 sprig
10. Salt to taste
1. Fresh Grated Coconut – 1 cup
2.Garlic pods – 10
3.Small onion – 8
4. Sambhar Powder – 1 tbsp
5.Red Chilli powder -1 /2 tsp
6.. Turmeric powder -1 tsp
1.Grind the ingredients given above together with little water.
2. Heat oil in a vessel and add mustard seeds, Hing , methi seeds into the oil.
3. When they splutter add the vegetables ,small onion and tomatoes and fry well.
4. Add the Tamarind extract into the pan along with the ground paste and a cup of water .
5. Allow it to cook well , till the raw smell goes off.
6. Add salt and a dash of sesame oil now and again let this cook for five minutes .
7. Our Chettinaadu kaara Kuzhambu is ready.