This Sunday i made vegetable Briyani and from this year i had decided to include small millets along with regular meals instead of making kuzhipaniyaarams and appams. So when we make curd rice we can omit rice and include Kuthirai vaali \ or any other small millet . Also these millet yield large quantities so be careful to use a small cup to measure .
Now for the method
Kuthirai vaali rice -1 cup
Curd -1 cup
Urad Dal -1 /2 tsp
Mustard seeds -1 /2 tsp
Red Chilli -1 or 2
Hing -1 /2 tsp
Butter -1 /2 tbs
Milk – 1 cup
1. Soak the rice in a cup of water (after washing it ) for half an hour.
2. Cook it in a pan with 1 and 1/2 cup of water.
3. When cooked add milk and butter to it and set aside.
4. Meanwhile prepare the garnishing. Add oil in a small kadai . When hot enough mustard seeds, Urad dal, red chilli anad hing .
5. When the rice is cool enough add curd and salt and mix well. Then add the garnishing . A simple , light and nutritious version from our usual Curd rice.
i garnished with seedless grapes.