Again Chettinaadu and am happy to share with you this recipe which i got from a blog http://www.ahadelicious.com. Really good and easy recipe. Just need to have a little patience in making this. As we are not fond of the fresh mushrooms i used the canned mushrooms and my family enjoyed this on a Sunday afternoon. A heavy recipe which can me made for guests.
Mushroom – 200 gms or 1 tin
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder -1 /4 tsp
Coriander leaves and Curry leaves – 2 to 3 sprigs
1. Cinnamon stick – 3/4 stick
2. Cloves -2
4.Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
5.Mint leaves – a handful
6.Oil – 1 tbsp
1.Ginger -1 /2 inch
2.Small onion -5
3.Garlic – 5 flakes
4.Green chilli -2
5.Red Chilli powder -1 tbsp
6.Coriander powder or seeds -1 tbsp
1.Grated Coconut – a handful
2.Cashew nuts – 5 to 7
3.Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
1. Clean the mushrooms if you are using fresh ones . If canned just a rinse is enough. Cut them into small pieces.
2. Grind the given items and set the items required for seasoning in a plate .
3. Ina pan add oil and season the items given in the list. then add onion,Ginger Garlic paste and tomato in that order and saute well.
4. Now add the set 1 ground paste and fry well.
Add the mushroom pieces . add salt and close the lid for few minutes. i added little water .
5. When mushroom is cooked well add the final paste and cook well , may be for 5 to 8 minutes .
That’s it . Chettinaadu Kaalan Kuzhambu is ready . Ideal to serve with rice and may be a good accompaniment for Rotis too.