Horse gram and i think of power like horse and the inclusion in the Porridge flour or the Podi we eat with rice or the rasam are the only choices till i came across this recipe horse gram idli and dosai . the normal way to include millets in our everyday life is not making separate paniyaarams or sweets but substituting it for rice or any other dal. In this urad dal can be reduced and Horse gram be added so that we get every week the horse gram benefit . Now for the recipe.
Boiled rice – 3 cups
Horse gram / Kollu – 3/4 cup
Urad dal – 1/2 cup
Methi seeds -1 /2 tsp
1. Wash the rice and soak in water.
2. Wash the dal and Horse gram and soak it together in water along with methi seeds.
3. Soak for 6 hours .
5. First grind the rice an dal . Mix well , add salt and allow it to ferment for 6 to 8 hours.
6. For me after storing in the fridge only i get good idlis. So after storing it for 5 hours make idlis or dilute and make dosai.
7. A slight change in colour is the only difference. Serve with any chutney.