Mock Chicken again in the menu. When i went to buy some props to a mega mall for my blog i remembered to buy this too as we do not get it near our house. So was awaiting to do this as i can see my family widening their eyes . A clever step to stop them from eating non vegetarian and also to save the earth. Mock chicken should taste like chicken. i do not know as i never knew how chicken tastes . But my family says that it is like chicken. This time i made Chicken Kuzhambu and bought Golden Balls as i did not get the earlier one . Ok enough of bragging about my adventure with mock chicken and now for the recipe. Thanks again to Sharmis Passion as i rely on Her non vegetarian recipes .
1. Mock Chicken – 250 gm
3. Small onion -10
4. Tomato -1
5.Ghee – 1/2 ts
6. Red Chilli Powder – – 1 tsp
7. Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
8. Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
9. Turmeric Powder -1 /2 tsp
10. Salt – to taste
11.Coriander leaves – 1/2 tbsp
12. Water -1 cup
1. Bay leaf- 1
2. Cinnamon- 1/2 inch
3. Cardamom – 1
4. Garlic Cloves- 4 finely chopped
5. Ginger – 1/2 inch finely chopped
6. Green Chilli – 1 slit
7. Curry Leaves – few
8. Oil – 1 tbsp
1. Freshly grated Coconut – 1/4 cup
2. Cashew nuts -3
3. Roasted Gram Dal – 3/4 tsp
4. Fennel seeds/ Powder – 1/2 tsp
5. Pepper corns – 1/2 tsp
1. First grind the ingredients given in the To Grind section to a fine paste.
2. In a cooker add oil and ghee and temper the ingredients given in To temper. Then add onion, tomato and fry well. Add Red chilli, turmeric and coriander powder and saute well. Add the mock chicken and mix till they get coated well. Add a cup of water and add salt .
4. Cook for 2 to 3 whistles . Once pressure releases add the coconut paste and add Garam masala powder . Check for salt and if need add . Allow it to boil for 10 minutes to thicken . And it does. Garnish with coriander leaves .Serve with rice . It is good to eat this after an hour as the gravy gets Blended well in this resting time .Will taste good for rotis too.
1. For chicken use 1/2 kg chicken as given in the original recipe.
2. You can use Chicken Masala too instead of Garam Masala.
At last a non vegetarian recipe in Durgas delicacies …