Palada Pradhaman is another Kerala Delicacy . i had already posted Palada payasam and i had posted that i will be doing this. Since i had half a packet of ready-made Palada i made ,last Sunday to make a complete Lunch.
1. Palada – 1 cup
2. Jaggery – 2 cups
3.Cardamom Powder- 1/2 tsp
4. Cashew nuts -4
5. Water -1 cup
6. Grated Coconut – 1 /2 cup
7. Ghee – 1/2 tsp
1. First boil the water and when hot add the jaggery and melt til it dissolves. Sieve the impurities and again boil the Jaggery till you get a syrup like consistency. Switch off the flame.
2. Next step is extracting the coconut milk . For it grate the coconut and add half a cup of water and blend in a mixie.
3. Separate the coconut and the milk with a cloth. The first batch you get is the thickest milk.
4. Now again blend the coconut with water and allow the same procedure. Now you get a thinner one. That is enough. Now you have two separate consistency milk.
5. First take the thinnest one and add the Palada and cook it well.
6. When the Palada gets cooked , add the jaggery syrup and mix well.
7. Then add the thickest milk and again give a boil. Finally add cashew and cardamom powder tempered in ghee to this.