Paneer and its fans – a very long story to share and needless to say it is everyone’s choice. Paneer is Indian cottage cheese and it is made by curdling milk. A simple process only but we have ready made frozen Paneer available , so it is easy to buy than making it at home. i have already posted few recipes and yesterday being a holiday i wanted to take extra time in making this and it is a really delicious gravy which can be taken with rice and roti. Now for the recipe.
1. Paneer cubes -1 and a 1/2 cup
2. Tomatoes – 3 to 4
3. Cashews – 10 to 12
4. Cardamom – 1
7.Ginger -1 /2 inch
8. Garlic -2 to 3
10. Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
11. Cumin Powder -1 /2 tsp
12. Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
13. Garam Masala – 1/4 tsp
14. Kasoori Methi -1 tsp
15. Butter -1 /2 tsp
16. Bay leaf -2 .
17. Salt -as per taste .
1.Simmer tomato, garlic, ginger, cardamom, cloves , cashew with a little water in low flame.
2. When the mixture turns mushy switch off the flame and when cool grind to a smooth paste.
3. Add butter/oil in a pan and add the bay leaf . Then add onions and fry well.
4. Add the tomato cashew paste and saute well till fat separates,.
5. Add all the powders except the garam masala and slat . Give a good turn.
6. Then add the paneer cubes and little water. Let this simmer well. Add salt and the garam masala .
7. Finally crush the kasoori methi between your palms and add to the gravy . Serve hot with a blurb of butter.
1. Add peas to this gravy if you desire .