Potato is a must item in my kitchen and even having one is a life saver sometimes. For vegetarians including Potato and Paneer in a meal is a treat .Sharmis passion posted this recipe and i wanted to give a try. Suddenly an urge to include Chapathis for dinner arose and i am thinking of making many new side dishes to give the blog a new boost .It will also make me manage my time effectively as i will be mostly planning and make pre preparations on what i want for dinner.
Potato -3 large ones
Big Onion – 1
Tomato – 1
Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 and a 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander leaves- just to garnish
Salt – to taste.
Bay leaf – 1
Cloves – 2
Cinnamon – 1/2 inch piece
To grind to a paste:
Coconut – 4tbsp
Green chilli – 1
Fennel/ Saunf – 1 tsp
Poppy seeds – 1 tsp
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
Garlic – 2 cloves .
1. Grind the ingredients under the topic “to grind to a paste” to a smooth paste with little water.
2.Chop potatoes,tomato and onion finely.
3.In a pressure pan add oil and then temper the items as in the list given above.
4.Then add onion and saute well. Add tomato and saute till mushy and raw smell leaves .
5. Then add red chilli powder,coriander powder, garam masala powder . Add potatoes and saute for 2 minutes until the masala blends well.Add required salt and then add 2 cups of water.
6. Pressure cook for 1 whistle only. After the steam settles open the cooker and the coconut paste and give a boil.
7. Simmer it for a while and finally switch off.
1. Serve it with rice or roti.
2. I did not have poppy seeds so i skipped it. For the health conscious skip Cashews.