It is a one pot meal and easy to make. I tried this from Raks Kitchen . It is quite easy to make and when we want to cook in a jiffy it comes as a rescue. Now for the recipe.
1.Rice -1 /2 cup
2. Moong Dal – 1/2 cup
3.Mixed vegetables (Carrot, Beans, Potato, Peas)- 3/4 cup
4.Water – 4 and a 1/2 cup
5.Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
6.Salt – as needed .
- Oil/ghee – 2 tbsp
- Jeera -2 tsp
- Ginger – 2 tsp
- Green Chilli – 2
- Curry leaves -1 sprig
- Tomato -2
- Coriander leaves – 3 Tblsp
- Red chilli Powder – 1 Tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 Tsp.
1.Wash and soak Rice and dal together for half an hour and pressure cook with turmeric powder , vegetables.
2. Close the pressure cooker and cook for 3 whistles.
3. Mean while cut Tomato, slit green chilli .
4.Heat a Kadai and add oil. Add jeera, green chilli, curry leaves and give a stir.
5.Add tomatoes and saute well.
6. Add Red chilli powder, coriander leaves and garam masala.
7. Saute well and add salt.Fry well till the mixture becomes mushy and oil separates .
8. By now the rice would have cooked and cooled. Slightly mash it and add the Tomato masala to it .
9.Garnish with Coriander leaves and serve with a Dollop of Ghee . Any spicy curry will do a wonderful duet with This.