Mock Chicken has become a visitor to my family . But the sad part is i cannot get it frequently and most of the time i forget that this exists in this world . But the craving of my children for special dishes make me scratch my head and i browse my blog to see i get any ideas . Last week on a trip to Jurong point(Shopping mall) i stuck on the idea to search for mock chicken at Fairprice Xtra . i asked a shopping assistant on its availability and she immediately helped me in finding it . I had few choices in the chicken variety. i amnot that much brave to try Mock fish and mutton. i was happy with the purchase and i was waiting for a day to open the pack and cook. It is a small pack and is just enough for four of us . i followed the recipe part from Sharmis passion . She had made with real chicken . i just followed hers but with mock chicken. i found this gravy a bit spicy and i ate like pickle , but for real lovers of chicken they will find it very tasty . My daughter asked for a special piece too. But unlike original chicken ,mock will dissolve in the gravy but lucky she is, i could find her a semi solid piece.Non vegetarians please follow the recipe with real chicken.
1. Mock Chicken-250 gm
2. Ginger garlic paste -2 tsp
3.Onion -1(Dice into small pieces)
4.Tomato-1(Dice into small pieces)
5.Curry leaves – few
6.Coriander leaves – few
7.Salt – to taste
8.Oil – 2 tsp
- Red Chilli powder -1 tsp
- Coriander powder -2 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Coconut- 2 tbsp
- Fennel seeds -1 tsp
- Green Chilli -1
- Cashew /Almond -3
- Bay leaf-1
- Cinnamon -1 /2 inch
- Garlic -5 cloves
- Cardamom -2
- Cloves -2
- Defrost mock chicken for 15 minutes
- Grind the ingredients given in the grind to list along with one chilli sauteed in oil.(Coconut paste)
- In a kadai add the ingredients in the To temper list.
- Then saute onion, tomato well.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and fry well.
- Now add the chicken and salt.
- Salt can be reduced to half as i feel Mock chicken has little salt in it .
- Add three cups of water and cover the vessel.
- If you are making with real chicken then use a cooker to make this.Four or five will be enough to cook the chicken
- The mock will be cooked in 10 minutes .
- Add the coconut paste to this.
- Add curry leaves and coriander leaves and cook till oil separates .
- Serve hot with Roti or rice.