Thinai rich in nutrients is a good choice for us to us in our cooking. i happened to see Thinai Maavu in our local store few months before and i bought it .i was prolonging to use that. As Deepavali is nearing i thought of trying new recipes and posting ahead . This sweet came out well and is tasty too. Adding to the popularity of using millets more in our life this sweet has an added advantage of Jaggery in it . i will be trying more of jaggery based sweets in my recipes soon.
- Thinai maavu -1 cup
- Powdered Jaggery- 3/4 cup
- Ghee – 4 to 5 tsp
- Cashew – 4 to 5
- Cardamom powder -1 /2 tsp
- Measure and keep the ingredients ready.
- Mix the jaggery, cardamom and flour together.
- In a small pan add ghee and roast the cashew till golden brown.
- Quickly pour the ghee with cashew in the flour mixture and mix well.
- You should be able to gather the flour together.
- Make small balls out of it and tighten them .
- Store in air tight containers.