Brahmin’s style Sambhar powder is another version i tried at home. Nowadays i am used to grinding Sambhar powder at home and it is fun to make them and store in specially bought containers. Healthy and safe it is also a good passion . So this time i followed Sharmi’s passion recipe ,which i had tried earlier and also bought a new container @Daiso only S$2.And after carefully roasting and grinding the powder again and again i got the yummy yield. It will last for 1 and half months i suppose and again for another recipe and container. Life goes like this… beautifully and freshly …. just like my Freshly ground Sambhar powder.
- Dry Red Chilli – 1/4 kg.
- Coriander seeds- 100 gm
- Channa Dal – 50 gm
- Tuvar Dal – 50 gm
- Urad Dal – 50 gm
- Pepper corn – 50 gm
- Fenugreek seeds – 25 gm
- Turmeric powder- 25 gm
- First dry roast Red Chilli till they turn crisp.
- Next dry roast Coriander seed till they turn Golden brown.
- Next mix all the dals and dry roast them till they turn golden brown.
- Dry roast fenugreek seeds for 2 minutes .
- Dry roast pepper corn till they give that peppery smell .
- When cool dry grind the ingredients. You may have to give two to three rounds in the mixie . Ad turmeric powder at the final round and give a good swirl.
- Spread the powder in a big plate and when cool store it in air tight containers.
- You can use Turmeric stick.
- You can sun dry the ingredients too.
- You can grind in a nearby mill too.
- You can make a Sambhar with a nice tip. Add 1/2 a teaspoon of Red Chilli powder and 2 tsp of this Sambhar Powder and fry in oil after you fry the onions and vegetables This will give a good Fragrant Sambhar.