MTR should be the first one to serve Rava Idlis for us . Or else some pack bought from Nilgiris should be the first experience for me. Rava Idli was liked by all at those times. After that the craze went off and it became an occasional visitor to our house . Depending on the curd available Rava Idli will be decided to be made or not . Day before yesterday i made Rava idli and i decided to blog. Although i have made this few times i took extra care and made for the blog purpose (Recipe Idea: Sharmis passion). .
- Rava -1 Cup
- Curd – 1 /2 Cup
- Carrot -1 (Grated )
- Hing – 1/2 TSP
- Ajwain -1 /2 tsp
- Cashews – 5 to 6
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp or Eno salt
- Green chilli -2
- Salt – to taste.
- Channa Dal -1 tbsp
- Mustard seed s- 1/2 tsp
- Urad Dal – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – a pinch
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Ghee-1 tsp
- Soak Channa dal in water for 15 minutes .
- Roast the cashew nuts . You may need whole cashews few and broken cashews few.Reserve the whole cashews .
- Add ghee and oil and splutter mustard seeds, Channa dal and Urad dal. Add ajwain, smally diced green chilli and hing .
- Then add grated carrot and fry for few minutes.
- Then add rava and roast for few minutes .
- Cool down for few minutes and keep aside.
- Add salt to the Rava and mix well.
- Add curd and mix well. If too thick add little water and mix well.
- Add baking soda and mix well.
- Grease the idli plates . Keep a cashew on it and add the Idli batter. Steam for 10 minutes .
- You get Hot and soft Rava IDLIS.
Mix the curd and Rava and make Idlis immediately . Other wise let it sit separately and mix whenever needed.