Only day before yesterday i was browsing youtube videos and was fascinated on seeing the sweets made with such talent. Kaju Apples was one of them. To my surprise Raks kitchen published a recipe on Kaju Strawberry on the same day and i immediately wanted to make it . i wanted to present another style so surfers will get different ides. Kaju is Cashewnut and these type of sweets i have seen in sweet stalls. Long before Menurani Chellam showed this preparation in a television show. i was at that time too cautious about calories. Even now i am like that .But with a renaissance . If it is festive season sugar and ghee should not be counted. It is definitely done for a purpose so forget everything and join the celebrative mood is the rule
1. Cashew -1 cup
2. Sugar- 1/2 cup+1/8 cup
3. Milk -1 tsp
4. Ghee -1 tsp
5. Vanilla essence -1 tsp
6.Orange liquid colour -1 /2 tsp
7. Cloves – 6 to 7
- Grind the cashew to a dry and soft texture in a mixer.
- Take time to grind it and check with your hands the texture.
- Measure it . It should come to 1 cup.
- In a non stick pan add sugar and water just enough to immerse it . May be 1/4 cup.
- In a mild flame keep on stirring the mixture.
- When it comes to one string consistency,that is touch the back of the ladle with which you are stirring and pull it between the index finger and thumb , It will form a string .It is the right consistency.
- Now add the powdered cashew powder .
- Now the flame of the stove should be in its lowest .
- Keep on stirring and finally you will get a lump and it will leave the sides of the vessel.
- Add the vanilla essence and give a good mix.
- Take it from the hot vessel and place the mixture in another vessel.
- Add few drops of liquid colour and mix .
- Leave it for few minutes and when it becomes warm knead well with your hands.If the dough is too thick sprinkle milk and grease your hands with ghee and knead the mixture well to give a glossy effect.
- Place liners on a plate.Keep a fork ready by your side .
- Take few cloves in a small plate
- Make small balls out of the mixture.
- Press slightly in the top. Prick with a fork on the sides to give an effect.
- Plunge a clove in the middle of the orange and place it in the liner .
- Kaju Oranges are ready.