After a long gap i am posting a new recipe in my blog. Without reason time seems to fly and we in the midst of coping up with it lose ourselves .So that only i think we do some work to keep us alive . Other wise we would have done nothing in our idleness.Now coming to the recipe Palak Paneer i have not tasted it in any restaurants. But i remember my father saying that he used to wonder why Hotels charge so much for that spinach food.We used to have distant look on this dish. When other such dishes like Gobi mattar or Paneer butter masala are available why go for a spinach dish should have been our thought then. But now when we are used to try many recipes .Palak paneer is a must try recipe.i made this two or three times and my Husband liked it very much. For kids anything which has paneer is okay. One good thing about this dish is it does not need any rich items like cashew or Almond or coconut . So easy to make .It is also a good feast to our eyes.i tried this from Raks kitchen . Here is the method.
1. Palak/Spinach -1 small bundle
2. Onion -2
3. Tomato -2
4. Coriander Powder -1 tsp
5. Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
6. Green chilli -3
7.Paneer -1 cup
8. Milk – 1/2 cup
8. Salt – To taste
9. Oil -2 tsp
10. Kasoori Methi – 1 handful.
To roast and grind:
- Cinnamon- 1/2 inch
- Cardamom -2
- Jeera -1 tsp
- Pepper -1 tsp
- Cloves -2
- If using frozen paneer defrost it.
- Clean and wash the palak.
- In a pan add oil and roast the ingredients given in the To roast and grind table.
- End with jeera as it may get burnt quickly.
- Remove it and when cool grind it to a fine powder.In the same pan add the Palak and saute well with a tsp of oil. You can add sugar to get that original green colour.
- When cool grind it with green chilli to a fine paste.
- Finely cut the onion and tomato.
- Ina pan add oil and saute the onion and then the tomato.Add coriander powder and turmeric powder and saute well.
- Add the pureed spinach paste. Allow it to boil for few minutes.
- If needed add little water.
- Add the Paneer pieces and give a good boil.
- Then add the ground masala and again boil for few minutes.
- Before switching off the flame add the crushed kasoori methi and then add a cup of milk or cream. i used cream cheese .
- That’s it we get yummy Palak Paneer .
- It is mild and satiating dish that goes well with rotis cooked with ghee for a good dinner .