1.Gram flour -1 cup
2. Rice flour -1 /2 cup
3. Onion -1 /2 kg
4. Green chilli -3
5. Baking powder -1 /2 tsp
6.Baking soda -1 /2 tsp
7. Coriander leaves – 1 tsp
8.Curry leaves -1 /2 tsp
9.Salt – Enough to taste
10. Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
11.Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp
12. Oil – to deep fry
- Cut the big onions into thin slices. add a little salt and keep aside for few minutes.
- Mix the flour and the salts together. Add the onions and green chilli and bind them together.
- Add curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Without adding water we must be able to bind the ingredients together. The water from the onion by adding salt must do that work.
- But i found it hard. So i added a ladle of hot oil and mixed them together.
- Now rolling them into balls with a force is necessary.
- Heat oil in a kadai and deep fry the balls.
- Ulli vadai is ready. Yummy and tasty , you will love the different taste.
- Tip:Slow cook the vadai as you can find the interior still not cooked if fried very fast.