When it comes to baking i am eager to try whatever i can . Somehow baking is like knitting or any handwork . It relieves stress and the moment we get into the kitchen it seems we are a full fledged professional and looking into small things , careful mixing and working like a bee every time is a fun not to be missed. The result, with kids entering the kitchen and peeping in the oven and we too like kids waiting eagerly for the outcome is a joyful time. This weekend i wanted to try this recipe which is from Sharmis passion . She had used Jaggery and whole wheat flour. As i am a fitness and health conscious one i wanted to try this as the recipe had the goodness of whole wheat flour and jaggery i thought this is an ideal one to give for kids on a Sunday morning. i used Unrefined suagr instead of jaggery . And cherries .
Whole wheat flour -2 cups
Unrefined Cane sugar – 1 cup
Cherries – 2 tbsp (Cut into small pieces)
Baking Powder -1 /2 tsp
Baking soda -1 /2 tsp
Cooking oil – 1/2 cup
Milk – 1 cup
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Water -1 /2 cup.
- Ina bowl mix sugar , milk and oil.
- In another bowl add all dry ingredients and mix well.
- Coat the cherries with little flour.
- Preheat the oven @200 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Now to the dry mixture add the wet mixture and mix well.
- If needed add water . Finally add the vanilla essence
- It should be in pouring consistency. Add the cut cherries to the batter . Reserve few for topping.
- Line the cupcake moulds and pour the batter . Top with cherries .
- Bake them for 10 to 15 minutes .
- Insert a tooth pick when done to check if it is done. Serve with any cold milk shake and waffles as meal . Kids will really enjoy.
- Unrefined cane sugar is better than brown sugar as sometimes Brown sugar is refined white sugar . Whereas unrefined cane sugar does not undergo the refining process thus retaining the molasses flavour .
- You can add choco chips too to this.
- You can insert a spaghetti inside the baked cakes for a second and see if it is done.