Korada the name striked me when i was browsing the web and it is completely new to me. With the tag Chettinad i assumed that it should be really tasty and a side dish recipe is always welcomed by a housewife as we tend to give new menu and always run out of ideas . This is a relatively simple dish and the small onion presence in our house should always bring our in our minds this recipe. Yes it is so easy and no grind recipe.
1.Shallots -1 cup
2.Garlic pods -3
3.Ginger -1 inch
4. Curry leaves – 1 sprig
5.Mustard seeds -1 tsp
6. Urad dal -1 tsp
7. Chilli powder -1 tsp
8. Jaggery Powder -1 tsp
9.Tamarind – gooseberry size.
10.Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
11. Oil -1 tsp
12.Salt – Enough to taste
- Soak the small onion in water and after a while peel the skin .
- Cut the onion into small pieces , cover and keep aside.
- Soak the tamarind in water and extract the juice .
- Peel the skin of garlic and cut into fine pieces, cut the ginger into fine pieces.
- In a kadai heat oil and add mustard seeds and urad dal
- When they splutter add the small onion and fry well
- Then add ginger and garlic and saute well
- Add the chilli powder,Turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add the tamarind and close the vessel
- After few minutes open and salt and curry leaves .
- Let it simmer for a while.
- You can add a dash of gingely oil in the end.
- Remove from fire and serve with Idli and Dosai .