Finally after a very long time i am blogging again. My son’s board exams , preparation for GAT are some reasons . But the real thing i did not want to change my serious tempo. Getting that at this age is difficult for , children we have to become like that . Although we are now mature to dream and aspire at the same time accept what is give we cannot do that for our children. So with less expectation but more motivation am trying to do that serious Parent work. But in spite of this cooking and doing other works is not restricted. Only blogging is blocked. But could not resist that mood when i came across Kannamma cooks page. The photo and the love in cooking and sharing was igniting so cooked yesterday and today and blogging immediately . Usually it is my style to cook, capture and blog . It is like doing a Chemistry experiment and recording the details and presenting a report . But assuring you the food will taste like Amirtham and not like a chemical (:.
Now for the recipe
Coconut milk Rice
Basmati Rice : 1 cup
Coconut milk – 1/2 cup
Water – 1 cup
Green chilli – 1
Mint leaves – a handful
Coriander leaves – a handful
Garlic – 2 flakes
Salt – to taste
Oil -2 tsp.
1. Wash and soak Basmati Rice in 1 cup of water for 15 minutes.
2. Make Coconut milk .
3. Cut Onion, peel garlic, slice green chilli, wash coriander and mint leaves.
4. In a kadai add oil and when the oil become hot add the spices.
5. Then add onion and saute well.Add green chilli and garlic.
6. Add coconut milk and discard water from the soaked Basmati rice and add in the kadai .
7. Add salt.
8.When the liquid comes to a boil add rice .
9.Then add washed coriander leaves and mint leaves .
10. Cover and cook . Simmer the flame.
11. Finally when the water has evaporated you will find the rice cooked .
Serve hot with Saravana Bhavan style Vegetable kurma .
The coconut milk and water ratio may be 2:1 too. i prefer lesser coconut milk .
Saravana Bhavan style Vegetable kurma recipe will be posted soon .(: