Many many years ago Mrs Revathi Sankaran explained this recipe in TV. i remember that much only. i jotted down the recipe. As it is a Kuzhambu variety i noted it down.And whenever i make Seppankizhangu roast i reserve a few for this Kuzhambu, boil and store in fridge and make This kuzhambu the next day. This Kuzhambu tastes nice after one day.
Sepankizhangu/Arbi – 3 or 4 (Boiled)
Tamarind – a small lemon size
Coriander seeds -1/2 tsp
Methi seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds -1/2 tsp
Channa Dal – 1 tsp
Urad Dal -1 tsp
Red Chilli – 3 OR 4
Black pepper – 1/2 tsp.
Gingelly oil – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds -1 /2 tsp
Hing -1 /2 tsp
- Soak Tamarind in little water.
- Boil Sepankizhangu and peel the skin , cut into two.
- Roast all the given ingredients in little oil.
- Dry grind them.
- In a kadai add oil, temper mustard seeds,add turmeric powder tamarind water and sepankizhangu.
- Let it come to a boil and then reduce in quantity.
- Then add the powder and salt .
- Let it boil for few minutes .
- When the kuzhambu is thick and well blended in taste ,remove from fire and serve with rice Note: You can add little Jaggery say 1 tsp of Jaggery powder to this.