A quickest response which could be made is proved by me (:, i read a recipe in a women’s weekly in the library, took the photo and the same day evening i made it . What a surprise !my husband and kids too liked it (i mean the food ). Well done! i owe credit to the writer and am posting the shot i took . Kuthiraivaali or Barn yard millet is good for health and substituting it for rice is always good. Finding recipes or creating own ideas is little difficult . I am lucky to get this recipe. It is tasty and simple to make. i made it for dinner but with a simple gravy we can make it for lunch too. Having millets twice a week is beneficial and it can be noted that Kuthiraivaali rice is 6 times more rich in nutrients than wheat.
- Kutharivaali rice -2 cup
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Green Chilli – 3
- Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Big Onion -1
- Tomato -1
- Bay leaf -1
- Cardamom – 2
- Cloves -1
- Cinnamon -1 /2 inch piece
- Water -2 cups
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – a handful
- Oil n ghee mixed -2 tsp.
- Wash the kuthiraivaali rice and keep aside.
- Cut onion, ginger and tomato .Make Coconut milk .
- Slit green chilli .
- In a cooker add in and ghee.
- When hot add the bayleaf, cardamom, cloves .
- Saute onion and green chilli well.
- Add ginger and then Tomato .
- Add water and salt, reduce the salt a little bit .
- Add coconut milk and Kuthraivaali rice .
- Add coriander powder – and mix well.
- Close the cooker and cook for 1 whistle.
- After the steam settles , open the cooker add a dash of ghee, garnish with coriander leaves .
- Serve with Onion Raitha or Any gravy .