And it is mango and mango now for the new kadhi project i have taken. This recipe of Sanjeev Kapoor attracted me as it contains mango and unripe mango, am a lover of both. So i have been collecting the main ingredients and Boondi too. Lucky to get a small mango .So easy and tasty , a must try recipe.
1. Unripe Mango pulp- 1 cup
2. Ripe Mango Pulp-1 cup
3.Gram Flour – 3 tbls
4. Salt -to taste
5.Butter Milk – 1 cup
6. Oil -1 tsp
7. Asafoetida-a pinch
8. Mustard seeds-1 /2 tsp
9.Fenugreek seeds- 1/4 tsp
10. Curry leaves – 6-8
11. Green chillies -2 slit
12. Boondi -1 /2 cup.
- Peel the skin of the unripe mango and scrap the flesh. Put it in the blender and give a nice turn. You will get the pulp.
- Do the same for the unripe mango.Now mix both the pulp , gram flour, salt and butter milk together.
- Cut green chillies and make the buttermilk.
- With all the ingredients by your side we can now start making Kadhi
- Ina heavy bottom pan, add oil.
- When it becomes hot add mustard seeds followed by Methi seeds.
- Add curry leaves and green chilli and saute for few minutes.
- Add the mango pulp and add little water and bring to a boil.
- Now lower the heat, simmer for 10 to 15 minutes a. Add 2 cups of water.
- Since salt has been added before itself no need for salt now.
- When the thick consistency has come switch off the flame. Garnish with Boondi.