White Peas sundal with raw mango is a favourite snack for us. So the idea of making kurma was prolonged by me. But recently to finish the long bought items in the cupboard as i am spring cleaning i soaked this white peas and decided to make Kurma for Chapati .
1.White Peas -1 cup
2. Ginger -1 /2 inch
3. Garlic -4 cloves
4.Tomato -2 (small)
5. Green Chilli -3
6. Onion -2 .
7.Coriander leaves – a handful
- Red chilli powder -1 /2 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Dry Mango powder -1 /2 tsp
- Garam masala Powder -1 /2 tsp
- Coriander Powder -1 /2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
1.Cumin seeds -1 /2 tsp
2. Oil -2 tsp
1. Soak the white peas for 8 hours and cook i n the pressure cooker for 3 to 4 whistles .
2. Get ready the ingredients. make the ginger and garlic paste.
3. In a heavy bottom pan add oil and splutter cumin seeds.
4. Add onion and saute well.
5.Add tomato . Followed by ginger and garlic paste. Saute well.
6.Add green chilli and again saute well.
7. Add all the powders and mix well. Add the cooked white peas along with water and cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes .
8.When the gravy thickens add coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
1. If you do not have tomatoes in hand try using Tomato ketch up.
2 If the peas are not cooked in the centre , shift the gravy to a pressure pan and cook for 3 to 4 whistles and it will be done.