My neighbour gave me two large packets of Curry Leaves and i usually make curry leaves powder. when i get this lot . But this time i wanted to to make it different so referred Kamala’s corner and made Garlic Curry leaves powder . It is quite simple and and has a different taste . It is ideal for curd rice , idly, dosai too.
- Curry Leaves – a handful
- Garlic Flakes -25 to 30 (small ones)
- Coriander seeds -2 tbls
- Coconut gratings -a handful
- Oil -2 to 3 tsp
- Salt -1 tsp or to taste
- Remove the curry leaves form its stalk .
- Immerse in a bowl of water and wash well.
- Then spread in paper towels or a clean white cloth.
- When the leaves are dry , dry roast in a pan .
- Then keep it it separate and in the same pan add oil.
- Add coriander seeds, red chilli, garlic and coconut and fry well.
- When the ingredients are dry enough add in a mixer jar and dry grind . After a round turn the mixture with a spoon , add salt and again grind well. Store in air tight container.
- Mix it with rice or have it with curd rice. Can be taken for idly , dosai too .