1.Curry leaves -a handful
2. Ellu/ White Sesame seeds /- 1 cup
3. Red Chillies – 5 to 6
4. Bengal Gram Dal – 1/2 cup
5. Asafoetida – a samll cup
6. Salt – to taste
- Remove the curry leaves form its stalk .
- Immerse in a bowl of water and wash well.
- Then spread in paper towels or a clean white cloth.
- When the leaves are dry , dry roast in a pan .
- Keep it separate .
- In the same pan add til seeds and fry well.
- They will splutter after a while.
- Remove from fire and keep it aside.
- Add oil in the same pan .
- Bengal gram dal followed by red chilli and a little Asafoetida are to be added now.
- Fry well.
- When cool add the curry leaves and the rest of the ingredients along with salt and dry grind in a mixie
- Store in air tight containers.