With all the curry leaves lying still after making podis what else to do . Then the idea of making Curry leaves chutney arose. The first day it was a hit and the second day too i made . Generously using curry leaves and slyly introducing good food to the family is the treat for us here. And really it taste yummy . Thanks to Kamala’s corner.
1. Grated Coconut -1 cup
2. Washed curry leaves – 1 handful
3.Green Chilli(small) – 3 to 4
4. Tamarind – one chick pea size
5. Urad Dal – 2 tsp
6.Channa dal -2 tsp
7. Hing – a pinch.
8. Salt – as needed
- Mustard seeds -1 tsp
- Urad Dal -1 /2 tsp
- Curry leaves -2
- Oil -1 and a 1/2 tsp
1. In a pan add oil a tsp , when hot add the urad dal, Channa dal and fry well .
2. Add the curry leaves and green chilli, hing and saute a little bit .
3. When the ingredients become cool add it to the coconut.
4. Add salt and tamarind and grind with little water in the mixie.
5. When the chutney is smooth temper with the given items.
In some place i have taste yummy chutney , this chutney has that quality. Do try it and involve curry leaves in your fridge to bring a twist to the otherwise normal Coconut chutney.