Paruppu Usli Is a tradition in our houses. Either this or Potato curry is a must in our houses during special days. Paruppu usili is lentil based curry with vegetables like bean, cabbage, onion , banana flower or cluster beans .
- Beans -1 cup
- Tuvar Dal -1 /4 cup
- Channa Dal -1 /2 cup
- Red Chilli – 4 TO 5
- Cumin seeds -1 /2 tsp
- Turmeric powder -1 /2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil- 3 to 4 tbsp
- Mustard seeds -1 /2 tsp
- Curry leaves – a few sprig
- Soak the dals in water for 15 minutes .Then drain the water and dry grind it with cumin seeds and red chilli
- Cut beans and cook in water.
- In a pan add oil and temper with mustard seeds.
- Add the ground mixture and beans , salt .
- Mix well and add it to the oil.
- In a low flame let it cook. stir occasionally.
- The final product should be crisp and soft.
- That’s it . A non stick pan or cast iron will do the wonder .