At last again into blogging world. A setback in my health led to this absence . From September 2016 till today i am going through it. But God’s grace i just overcame it thanks to family members and all inspirations. Of course i was in the internet through instagram. Nowadays instagram is helpful and entertaining. But to keep up the blogging tradition i just shot few pictures of what i cooked and wanted to post one day.
The other day when i was talking to my mother she mentioned about her cooking menu. i just asked her the recipe for Mor kuzhambu and Milagu kuzhambu. It came out damn good. Whatever we make it cannot match with our mother’s skills is what i learnt.
Mor kuzambu is a spicy gravy with Buttermilk as base with spices jeera, coriander seeds and dals added.
Now this looks like a five star hotel menu card .
Right? The taste too.
1.Buttermilk – 1 cup (sourrrry…)
2.Turmeric Powder -1 /2 tsp
3.Salt – to Taste
4. Coconut oil -1 tsp
5. Chow chow, pumpkin- 1 cup
1.Tuvar Dal – 1 tbsp
3. Channa Dal -1 tbsp
3. Urad Dal -1/2 tbsp
4. Coriander seeds -1 tbsp
5.Ginger -1 /2 inch piece
6. Green Chilli -3
7. Coconut -1 /2 cup(grated )
8. Cumin seeds -1 /2 tsp
1.Mustard seeds -1 /2 tsp
2.Cumin seeds -1 /2 tsp
3.Hing -1 /2 tsp
4.Curry leaves – a few.
- Soak the above ingredients(except coconut , green chilli, ginger ) in water for 15 minutes and grind all together with little water to a smooth paste.
- If using curd just give a whisk i a mixie or hand blender , add turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
- Boil the vegetables in water .
- When cool add it to the butter milk mixture .
- Add the ground mixture to the butter milk and cook in a heavy bottom pan in a very slow flame.
- When the mixture boils switch off the flame .
- Temper with the given ingredients in coconut oil .