Peanut Sundal , is a must try choice this summer. When we get Indian peanuts which are much smaller in size to the and get cooked easily it is right to try this sundal. When dieticians are promoting to eat Peanuts everywhere its is our right to add some spice and munch it off quickly. Before cooking, while peeling and while cooking peanuts peanuts everywhere and when the real stuff is ready i just wonder how much i have lost appetite(:
When this wonder is happening in my side i happened to buy peanuts the local ones we get. The no fault, big peanuts , strong enough that you must cook for 4 to 5 whistles in the cooker. Anyway we get sooper products . i tried this recipe, My Grandmother Navaneetham’s sundal yesterday . Not to mention my childhood days when we tried this sundal. this was too spicy for my taste buds but i liked it very much . It must be recipe of hers . Must say . Do try and your comments please .
- Peanuts – Boiled – 2 cups
- Big Onion -2
- Green chilli -4
- Salt – to taste
- Urad Dal – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seed -1 /2 tsp
- Curry Leaves – a sprig
- Oil -2 tsp
- Boil the peanuts till they are cooked till soft .Crush the skin and remove the peanuts .
- Cut big onion into four and grind it with green chilli in a mixie .
- In a kadai add oil.
- Temper the given items as in the list .
- Add the peanuts .
- Give a stir and then add the ground mixture to it.
- Add salt and mix well, till raw smell goes off.
- Serve Hot .