Kadhi the only rceipe i know is what my mom prepared with gram flour and potato. She used to do it long back .Recently i got a book from Library , Sanjeev kapoor’s . It is interesting to see such fantastic recipes . So adored to it i decided to make few of them and post it here
i made Sindhi kadhi for rice and my family like it very much.
- Pigeon Beans/ Tuvar dal -1/2 cup
- Tomatoes -3 (medium size)
- Cumin seeds – 3/4 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds -1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida -a pinch
- Ladies finger/ Bhindi- 6 -8 slit
- Green chillies – 2-3 slit
- Cluster beans -1 0 -12
- Red chilli powder-1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Tamarind pulp-2 tbsp
- Curry leaves – 7 -8
- Oil -3 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Cook tuvar dal along with cut tomatoes in a pressure cooker . The dal must be cooked well.When cooked mash it well.
- Soak the tamarind for the pulp.
- Heat one tablespoon oil in a kadai and add cumin seeds,fenugreek seeds and asafoetida .
- Add the besan and saute for few minutes .
- Add three cups of water , little at a time , stirring continuously to prevent lumps.
- Heat one tbsp oil in a separate pan . Add the ladies finger and saute for one or two minutes .Follow it by cluster beans and green chilli
- Add the mashed dal , salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder to the Besan mixture and mix well.
- Now make the tamarind pulp and add it to this.
- Add the sauteed vegetables and mix,
- For tempering: In a separate kadiai heat oil and add cumin seeds, curry leaves and add it to the Kadhi.